The 26th National Conference of the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) will be holding from Tuesday 19 to Thursday July 21, 2016. Nigeria’s largest and most important Information Technology conference will hold at the NAF Conference Centre in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory and seat of the Federal Government of Nigeria. The conference theme is “Information Technology for National Safety and Security”.
Annually the conference addresses the networking needs of the Information Technology sector; as the leading professional conference for IT professionals and stakeholders in Nigeria, the event continually attracts practitioners, decision makers, policy makers and professionals from Nigeria and all over the world. The NCS Conference is Nigeria’s largest assembly gathering of high-level stakeholders from business, industry, education, government and social communities. It is the key networking and professional event advancing Information Technology Innovation and Development, which at the same time promotes the interests of IT stakeholders in Nigeria.
The sub-themes of the 2016 Conference are:
1. National Database – Integral to National Security
2. Information Technology and the National Security Strategy
3. Universal Broadband Access – the Security Imperative
4. Information Technology as an Indispensable Security Tool – Terrorism in Focus
5. Smart Governance and Anti-Corruption through Information Technology
6. National Security Dimension of Youth Innovation and Software Development
7. Cybercrime, Cyberwarfare and CyberSecurity
8. Digital Human Capital Requirements in the 21st Century
9. Social, Mobile, Analytics (Big Data) and Cloud Computing (SMAC)
The Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) is the umbrella organization of all Information Technology Professionals, Interest Groups and Stakeholders in Nigeria. NCS is the national platform for the advancement of Information Technology Sciences and Practices in Nigeria.
Security is one of the most critical issues in Nigeria. In the 21st century, nations invest in Information Technology as the key enabler for National Security. The 26th National Conference will provide a multi-stakeholder gathering to examine pertinent considerations in achieving IT enabled Security to advance and achieve Sustainable Development. Engagement opportunities will be explored during the Conference to present and develop effective strategies, creative approaches and practical solutions. The Conference intends to bring together solution providers, academics, innovators, researchers, entrepreneurs, IT practitioners, policy makers in government and business people.
Solutions, Challenges and Opportunities
NCS’s Conference 2016 will bring together the best of the security and technology worlds over 3 days in one space to explore “Information Technology for National Safety and Security”. The role of technology in creating a stable, secure and safe environment for sustainable development cannot be overemphasized. Indeed NCS advocates the use of IT in achieving improved security for the nation and its citizens.
In today’s globally connected world, modern and digital age tools and techniques are required to defeat Boko Haram, root out vices such as kidnapping and neutralize the various forms of threats that threaten the social peace of Nigerians. There is also a need to respond to emerging cybersecurity threats and challenges resulting from growing utilization of IT to create valuable information and digitally enhanced services. The threats are both real and significant with serious implications for our economy and national security.
In placing IT in Security and Safety high on the agenda, NCS is organizing the 2016 conference to address the innovative deployment and development of technology in this critical space. The focus of this conference will range from examining current and future technologies essential to the prioritization of national security and safety, highlighting threats and risks in the evolving technology landscape, exploring practical and sustainable solutions and strategies to setting the National Security Innovation agenda.
It is not sufficient to identify the challenges. Through practical demonstrations, scenario based presentations, expert panels, networking forums and training sessions, the brightest minds in the industry and profession will plot the way forward on these critical national security tech and strategy matters. When you bring together some of tech community’s most influential people and organizations from the private sector, the government and academia, big things will happen.
Unique Conference, Compelling Features
- Up to date and deep insights into the broad and varied issues in the use of IT in National Security
- Largest Public Sector ICT Showcase in Nigeria – Roundtable, Special ICT Exhibitions and High Level participation of Federal Government Ministries, Federal Government Departments and Agencies in ICT – connecting policy makers, government ministries, departments and agencies with private sector IT firms and the educational sector
- Compelling, hot topic debates, hands-on, real life scenarios and inspired discussions from keynote speakers, presentations and panels.
- Special Track, Exhibitions and Practical demonstration of tools and techniques that deliver the competitive edge in National Security Innovation by industry experts
- Innovation Platform – innovators, startups, youth entrepreneurship connecting with the startup boom in Nigeria
- Strategic visionary thinking, In-depth look at high-priority issues and standards for the industry and profession in this rapidly changing world
- Knowledge sharing through Real-world examples of excellence in action, how-to knowledge, ideas and inspiration from subject matter experts
- Sharing of best practices and the development of actionable initiatives to help advance and shape the future of Network Security Innovation
- Networking opportunities to build relationships and partnerships and to engage in varied and unique ways with colleagues and other stakeholders on tech issues and challenges
- Unique presentation, exhibition and advertisement opportunities to showcase latest innovations, solutions and services of solution providers
The Nigeria Computer Society (NCS), the umbrella body of all IT professionals and Interest groups in champions information technology industry, education, innovation, research and entrepreneurship. NCS is committed to building a digital Nigeria that is prosperous and inclusive. Your partnership is our driving force.
Mode of Registration: Strictly Online
Registration is strictly online through the website #NCSAbuja2016 Conference Registration
Payments can be made directly into any of the following bank accounts. Please notify the Secretariat once payment is made
into the bank.
Account Name: Nigeria Computer Society
First Bank: 2001762424
Skye Bank: 1770005146
Zenith Bank: 1011565784
For Further Enquiry on Registration, Sponsorship, Advertisement, Contact:
The National Secretariat: Plot 10, Otunba Jobi Fele Way, Behind MKO Abiola Gardens, Alausa, Ikeja – Lagos.
Tel: +234(0)17744600 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Taiwo on +234(0)8098647348| email@example.com or
Goke on +234(0)8033475299| firstname.lastname@example.org
Abuja Office: Plot 1321, Aderemi Adesoji Street, Cadastral Zone B1, by Hot FM, Gudu District, Abuja
Sunday on +234(0)7033020271, 09-2907287 | Sunday@ncs.org.ng
On behalf of all of us at NCS, we look forward to seeing you at the conference, so please take advantage of participation and partnership opportunities. In the meantime, if you have any comments or questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Chairman, Conferences Committee
Nigeria Computer Society
Plot 10, Otunba Jobi Fele Way
Behind MKO Abiola Gardens, Alausa
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria