A leading information and communication technology company in Africa with headquarters in Nigeria has job vacancies for programmers. Offering integrated ICT solutions, the firm is a Strategic Partner of the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS).
Job requirements are as follows:
1. Take a product through the entire life-cycle of analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation and support
2. Implement all aspects of an application design – high performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development environment configuration, and testing
3. Perform unit and system level testing on applications
4. Provide Client Support on technical problems.
5. Ensure robust, scalable and sustainable architecture for software projects.
6. Provide regular reports on status of assigned projects.
7. Ability to work as lead developer/team lead on new or existing projects.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or related field. Second class upper or above is an added advantage.
(Final Year Students that possess the skills and technical requirements can also apply)
2. At least 3-4 years working experience as a core developer
Skills and Technical Requirements
1. Strong skills in Java programming
2. Strong understanding of Design Patterns
3. Strong background in OOP, UML, Object Oriented analysis and design
4. Application design tools/frameworks, e.g. Spring, Ant, Eclipse, Maven, Hibernate, JPA etc.
5. Strong background using tomcat, glassfish, jboss, jetty or related
6. Experience with REST web services is a must.
7. Experience working in high performing development teams using Agile/Scrum methodologies and tools
8. Experience with various code versioning systems, such as Subversion or git
9. Design and implement data models and data access layer for new product functionality
10. Ability to multi-task and switch context to changing priorities in a highly dynamic environment
11. Excellent troubleshooting skills, especially in a complex application stacks
12. Proficient in written and spoken English
13. Having experience in Test Driven Development
14. Mobile Platform is a plus.
15. C programming background is a plus.
Method of Application
Individuals that meet the job requirements should send a concise CV to:
job779 (ADD DOMAIN) nigeriacomputers.com (To make a complete e-mail address)
Closing Date: 28 July 2015