World Summit Award WSA Mobile Nigeria 2012 edition
Have you developed rich, creative mobile technology solutions? Are you an innovative Mobile Technology Solution entrepreneur? Does your organization deliver superior mobile technology services? World Summit Award (WSA) Mobile Nigeria is an opportunity to showcase your creativity and gain global recognition.
WSA Mobile selects and promotes the world’s best in mobile content and application technology innovation. As mobile usage outgrows internet – we enter the age of mobile applications and mobile content. But has mobile technology creativity and content grown? Which mobile technology products drive development? WSA-mobile recognizes individuals and entrepreneurs who create products and services that make the benefits of mobile technology accessible and meaningful to all. Technology has never been for the sake of technology. It must make meaning in dealing with real social, economic, cultural and life issues in an inclusive manner. Will your mobile product change tomorrow? Is it making an impact now? Can it open up locked environments and potentials?
National pre-selections for the WSA-mobile run through experts in respective countries. The only way to apply for WSA-mobile is to be nominated by the national expert. Mr. Amos Emmanuel is the WSA Eminent Expert for Nigeria and President Programos Foundation.
Call for Participation
Calls for participation are invited from any of the 6-Geopolitical Zones of Nigeria and in any of the 8 categories. Nigerians in diaspora are allowed. This is a final call to all mobile content development entrepreneurs in Nigeria. This exercise is currently inviting participation from both the public and private sectors.
Nigeria’s WSA 2012 Scope: Across 6 Geo-political
Zone 1: Adamawa State, Bauchi State, Borno State, Taraba State, Yobe State, Gombe State
Zone 2: Kaduna State, Katsina State, Kano State, Kebbi State, Sokoto State, Jigawa State and Zamfara State
Zone 3: Benue State, Kogi State, Kwara State, Nasarawa State, Niger State, Plateau State & FCT
Zone 4: Anambra State, Enugu State, Imo State, Abia State, Ebonyi State
Zone 5: Lagos State, Ekiti State, Oyo State, Osun State, Ondo State, Ogun State
Zone 6: Akwa Ibom State, Cross River State, Rivers State, Edo State, Delta State, Bayelsa State
WSA-mobile is a content-focused award. The contest is open to any company, organization and individual active in the content industry and based in the “NATIONAL CONTEST COUNTRY”.
There is no limitation regarding the platform of the applications.
All entries have to be complete products and ready for the market. No drafts, demonstrations or unfinished prototypes are accepted.
The release year of a project must 2010, 2011 or 2012 for the WSA-mobile 2012; and 2011, 2012 or 2013 for the WSA 2013.
Producer must have the copyright permission for any pictures, sound, content etc. used for the production of his application. Usage of all software should be legal.
The interface of the products can be in any of the United Nations official languages. All producer and project information shall be in English.
The WSA Nigeria National Selection Committee is responsible for recognizing your entries, provided they meet the WSA criteria, and to offer you a product registration PIN to showcase your mobile technology content products/services that you may have as an individual, partnership or organization, capable of impacting actions to power up the realization of the Millennium Development Goals, MDGs and influencing the Nigerian society positively.
Deadline: April 20, 2012
- After submission, national committee members will determine products best for representing the 8 categories from Nigeria.
- This entails a final selection of submitted projects using an Online Database by another team of professionals on the committee to forming a recommendation to the WSA awards 2012 contest in May 2012 covering 8 category areas of mobile technology creativity in Nigeria: 1. m-Business & Commerce, 2. m-Government & Participation, 3. m-Learning and Education 4. m-Entertainment and Lifestyle, 5. m-Tourism and Culture, 6. m-Media and News, 7. m-Environment and Health, 8. m-Inclusion and Empowerment
- The WSA, unlike other awards, does not focus on pure technological developments, but on the content, the real substance of the Project.
How to Contest:
- Simply send your mail to email@example.com stating your title, last name, first name, state of Origin in Nigeria, email, telephone, product category, url or website of product for committee’s impression of product submission.
- When selected, your entry will be booked into the local database of WSA Nigeria after which you will be contacted via mails directing you on what to do should you win at the national selection exercise by the committee to accomplish requirements of the contest which include an objective process of judgment and according to the 8 categories and guidelines of the WSA
The five winners of each of the eight categories are presented and awarded at the World Summit Gala. The Gala takes place at a different place each year and is usually accompanied by a Winners’ Exhibition of the winning projects, as well as WSA Conference, where the most current developments and challenges of the field of e-content are discussed by renowned experts and the interested public.
WSA product registration deadline for NIGERIA is April 20th, 2012. Early registration recommended. Final Evaluation and Grand Jury process, post final national selection holds in Sept 9th -13th WSA-mobile Grand Jury in Abu Dhabi.
The WSA-mobile is the only global initiative to select and promote the world’s best and innovative mobile Content and ICT applications. Dedicated to inclusion and local diversity and creativity in the mobile technology usage, WSA delivers through national contests of local content and a global jury process.
Isn’t it about time that technology fulfilled its promise?