WEST AFRICAN DIGITAL AND COMPUTER FORENSICS CONFERENCE
The West African Digital and Computer Forensics Conference organized by the Computer Forensics Institute, Nigeria (CFIN)will be holding on Wednesday, April 18, 2012. Venue is International Conference Centre (Executive Hall) in Abuja, Nigeria.
Plans have been concluded to hold the maiden edition of the West African Digital and Computer Forensics Conference which will focus on all aspects of information/cyber security, digital and computer forensics, e-crime investigation, evidence collection and presentation, and crime scene documentation.
- (Arrival date for Conference is Tuesday afternoon, 17th April, 2012. Conference Registration Desk opens on Tuesday, 17th April, 2012 from 3pm – 6pm at the Conference Venue).
- Induction Ceremony for new members of the Computer Forensics Institute, Nigeria (CFIN) will hold on Thursday, 19th April, 2012 (5pm-9pm).
Digital and Computer forensics is the science of detection and investigation of crime committed on and through Information Technology infrastructure and related assets with the intent of giving digital evidence in litigation. Digital forensics have become a necessity in information security and crime fighting in a world dependent on computers. According to CFIN, “It is estimated that over 75 percent of all criminal cases today have one form of digital evidence or the other”.
This Digital Forensics Conference, therefore, is expected to cover all aspects of cybersecurity, digital forensics, electronic evidence collection, analysis, presentation and crime scene documentation.
The Computer Forensics Institute, Nigeria (CFIN) was established in 2008 with the main objectives, amongst others, of:
- professionalizing the practice of cybersecurity, digital and computer forensics in Nigeria;
- developing digital and computer forensics experts for the country; and
- supporting the legal, judicial and law-enforcement agencies in the handling of electronic evidence in litigation.
For further details, please contact Dr. Peter O. Olayiwola (Conference Director) on +234-803-853-3157 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or visit http://www.cfinonline.org.