The Imo State Chapter of Nigerian Women In Information Technology (NIWIIT) was inaugurated on the 25th February, 2014 at the School of Agriculture Conference Hall, Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
Officers of NIWIIT Imo State Chapter are:
State Cordinator – Dr(Mrs) U.F Ezeka
Secretary – Ms Ngozi Oluchi Onyebgule
PRO – Mrs C.A.N Nwachukwu
Treasurer – Mrs. Victoria Oyedepo
Financial Secretary – Ms Chioma Onwumere
Welfare Officer – Ms Ijeoma Agwamba
Special Duties Officer – Ms Chinannu Chukwuagwu
The inauguration ceremony began with an opening prayer which was immediately followed by the national anthem. The welcome address was given by the NIWIIT State Coordinator, Dr.(Mrs) U.F. Ezeka after the chairman’s opening remarks.
Dignitaries present at the event were:
1. The Chairman, FUTO Vice Chancellor, Prof. Asiabaka, represented by Prof(Mrs) Rose Nwabueze
2. The Keynote Speaker, Dr.(Mrs) Asiabaka, wife of FUTO Vice Chancellor/ Director of Centre For Women, Gender Development & Studies. Her address was on “Advancing the use of IT for Poverty Alleviation Amongst Women”.
3. The Director, Centre For Women & Gender Studies, Fed. Poly, who represented The Rector, Federal Polytechnic Nekede
4. The Director, Centre For Women & Gender Studies who represented The Vice Chancellor, ImO State University
5. The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Women Affairs & Social Development
6. Enugu State Coordinator, NIWIIT
After the introductions and the keynote address, the NIWIIT President, Dr.(Mrs) Adeola Ilechukwu declared the inauguration ceremony open. The state officers were presented by the NIWIIT National Welfare Officer, Mrs Chioma Nwokorie and the pledge of office was taken by the state officers. This was then followed by Presidential handshake/embrace and photographs.
On closing the inauguration ceremony by the NIWIIT President, the inauguration cake was cut and refreshments were served while good will messages were taken from the Women Wing of Nigerian Union of Journalists, IMO State Representative and others.
The ceremony ended with a vote of thanks by Mrs. C. Nwokorie and other closing formalities – national anthem & closing prayers.