NIGERIA INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY EXHIBITION (NITEX)
“Innovation, Youth Empowerment and Job creation”
NITEX organized by the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) is the premier event for software developers, software architects, solution providers, OEMs, IT vendors and consultants working in the various markets, sectors and technologies in Nigeria. Holding from October 18 – 20, 2012, the theme of NITEX 2012 is “Innovation, Youth Empowerment and Job creation” in line with the NCS initiative of promoting local content development in IT and youth empowerment for the creation of One Million IT related jobs within the next Five years.
NITEX is a gathering of stakeholders showcasing, learning about and discussing the latest technology and trends. IT is integral to the growth and sustainability of knowledge economies. The IT community plays critical and strategic roles in ensuring IT drives development and fosters overall prosperity. NITEX 2012 will provide IT and Communications providers and businesses with increased market opportunities and exposure for their products and services, with a special focus on those that are youth related.
Youth are regarded as the future. But can the future be certain and better if the young are marginalized, dis-empowered and deprived? Beyond sports and entertainment, how well is Nigeria harnessing the potentials of its large youthful population? Computing technology is still a young, dynamic field where possibilities abound for innovative approaches that can change the world. The youth are leading creators and early technology adopters. The Information and Technology (IT) sector offers tremendous opportunities for massive job creation and enhanced security through youth enterprise and the delivery and production of youth oriented products and services.
NITEX will adopt an IT Jobs Fair/Youth Innovation approach that enables outstanding young innovators to showcase their products and services to prospective investors, the IT community and the general public. NITEX-2012 serves as an excellent opportunity to promote latest technologies as they relate to organizations, ranging from SME’s, large enterprise and multinationals. NITEX, annually provides opportunities to take advantage of best practices, tools and technologies in the IT industry.
The Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) annually partners with government agencies as well as private sector firms and non-governmental organizations to present an all-inclusive exhibition that showcases various Nigerian IT products, solutions and services. There will be various avenues for government agencies to highlight their youth innovation policies and initiatives.
1. To diversify the productive structure of the economy away to IT from oil/natural resources.
2. To employ IT for local and global competitiveness and integration of the productive/service sectors of the economy into the global economy
3. To encourage local content development, production, competency and delivery of IT solutions and services and IT enabled services and products and foster IT creativity for enhanced productivity and competitiveness
4. To increase local participation in the software, hardware, IT solutions and services market and stimulate demand locally and globally for significant local consumption and foreign export.
5. To develop human capital with emphasis on creating and supporting a knowledge-based society
6. To promote new ways of organizing work and business with the aim of raising productivity, growth and well-being through investment in IT and human resources for improved business efficiency, security, employment generation and wealth creation.
7. To make Nigeria the leading trusted hub in Africa providing globally competitive trade and business services through the deployment and exploitation of IT
8. To promote awareness and mainstream digital concepts, practices and culture into the economic life of the nation and empower Nigerians to participate fully in software and IT development
9. To promote the adoption of IT by all sectors for commerce, education, government, security and development
10. To promote trust and confidence involved in IT enabled business and transactions and attract significant local and international investment in Nigeria’s IT industry
NCS is probably the biggest association of IT professionals on the Africa continent. With over 10,000 members throughout Nigeria spread across country, private and public sectors and industries, the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) is the umbrella organization of all Information Technology Professionals, Interest Groups and Stakeholders in Nigeria.
Focused on Digital Inclusion and improving national growth and competitiveness of the nation through IT, NCS is recognized in the corporate world and governance as the national platform for the advancement of Information Technology Science and Practice in Nigeria
Sponsor and Exhibitor Benefits
ONE ON ONE MARKETING
Engage with existing and potential clients in person and effectively. You will be interacting with an audience that is enthusiastically looking for new products, partnerships, and new business.
Gain new prospects, build new leads and build new relationships and partnerships. In particular gain from specially designed marketing offerings to address your business requirements.
Reengage with your clients and update them on your new offering in an outstandingly refreshing manner. Seize opportunities for meetings and presentations at the conference.
At NITEX 2012, participants will be provided with a wealth of opportunities for networking, forums, CEO networks, specific IT related business issues, national IT concerns, etc, all together under one roof
Annually NITEX 2012 brings together thousands of industry executives, professionals and stakeholders together to grow their opportunities, share valuable insights, form new partnerships and set standards for the industry.
NCS for Development
Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) is focused shaping the future of IT in Nigeria, promoting IT for development for the benefit of all and supporting ALL who make computers work. NCS is committed to advancing the interests of its highly respected and valued members and the local and global IT industry as one.