New Fellows of the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) were admitted into the College of Fellows during the 2013 National Information Technology Merit Awards (NITMA). Jidaw notes that the Fellow grade, one of the most respected titles in the IT community is the highest grade of the NCS professional cadre.
Achieving fellow status signifies industry and professional recognition of the contributions of an NCS member. In the opinion of Jidaw, this unique standout recognition comes with responsibility. NCS Fellowship isn’t just a status symbol, it a tool for change. Fellows must raise standards and lift the level of professionalism in IT.
Who are the 2013 NCS Professional Fellows?
Those bestowed with this honour and responsibility at NITMA 2013 are: Oso Olugbenga Ayoola, Stella Chinye Chiemeke, Protus Etim Akpan Amah, Adeolu Benedict Okanlawon, Adijat Temilola Okunade, James Ono Emadoye, Lookman Kayode Oseni, Adetunji Micheal Adedowole, Adedeji Adekunle Daramola, Fabian Uzoh and Akin Fapohunda.
- Mr. Oso Olugbenga Ayoola is Special Assistant to the Governor, State of Osun on planning and development at the State Planning Commission. He has over 25 years of IT experience in systems analysis and IT management in the private and public sectors
- Professor (Mrs.) Stella Chinye Chiemeke is Director of ICTU/CRPU, University of Benin. She has over 27 years of IT experience in software development, education and administrative management in the university and beyond
- Mr. Protus Etim Akpan Amah is Executive Director and Head, Sales and Marketing, Data Science Nigeria Limited. He has over 30 years experience in IT in project management, technical support and business process improvement
- Mr. Adeolu Benedict Okanlawon is SAP Support Manager for Shell Nigeria and Gabon. He has over 20 years IT experience in consulting, IT strategy and planning, systems management, risk management and information security
- Mrs. Adijat Temilola Okunade is an Information Technology professional and an academician. She has over 26 years post qualification IT experience in programming, administration and content development in both the private and public sectors.
- Olorogun James Ono Emadoye is the Chairman/CEO of BSSL Technologies Limited. He is a Chartered Accountant with over 30 years IT experience in software development, consulting, and automation of finance and administration for government and industry
- Mr. Lookman Kayode Oseni is the Assistant Director/Head of Software section of Data Sciences Nigeria Limited. He has over 20 years IT experience in software development for examination administration, electronic voting and government automation
- Mr. Adetunji Micheal Adedowole is the Executive Director, Technical Services and Support department, Data Sciences Nigeria Limited. He has over 35 years of IT experience in system administration, technical support and field engineering
- Mr. Adedeji Adekunle Daramola is the MD/CEO of IT & Management Solutions Limited. He has been in the Nigerian IT Industry for over 32 years with experience in software development, IT Service Delivery & Management and project management
- Dr. O. Fabian Uzoh is the first Acting Head of Computer Science Department of the Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) Imo State. He has over 30 years of IT working experience in academics and administrative management in the university
- Dr Akin Fapohunda is Executive Director of Digital Trust Ltd/Gte and Aflon Digital Institute at Kuje, Abuja. He has over 27 years IT experience in technology management, human capital development, consulting and publishing
Jidaw congratulates NCS and the new fellows of 2013. May they keep growing and use their spirit of excellence to transform the IT industry and community, and the nation. Wishing them the best.