New Fellows of the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) were admitted into the College of Fellows during the 2012 National Information Technology Merit Awards (NITMA). Jidaw notes that the Fellow grade, one of the most respected titles in the IT community is the highest grade of the NCS professional cadre.
Achieving fellow status signifies industry and professional recognition of the contributions of an NCS member. In the opinion of Jidaw, this unique standout recognition comes with responsibility. NCS Fellowship isn’t just a status symbol, it a tool for change. Fellows must raise standards and lift the level of professionalism in IT.
Who are the 2012 NCS Professional Fellows?
Those bestowed with this honour and responsibility at NITMA 2012 are: Rasheed Adegoke, Adesola Aderounmu, Titilola Akinladea, Umunna Arah, Adedayo Peter Sunday Arogundade, Oludele Awodele, Aderonke Bello, Eugene Juwah, Michael Olajide and Olufemi Williams.
- General Manager and Chief Information Officer (CIO), First Bank of Nigeria Plc, leading financial institution in Nigeria.
- Holds First-Class Bsc degree in Computer Science from University of Ibadan and a merit award as the best graduate in the faculty of science. Holds Executive MBA from the International Graduate School of Management (IESE), University of Navarra, Barcelona, Spain.
- Over twenty years experience covering diverse areas including innovation leadership, business process transformation, project management, organisational change management, training and banking operations.
- Professor in Department of Computer Science and Engineering, and Director, Information Technology and Communications Unit of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
- Holds B.Sc. in Computer Engineering and M.Sc. in Computer Science degrees from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
- Sound academic and university administrator. Acting Head of Department of Computer Science & Engineering from 2004 to 2007. Successfully trained 7 Ph.D and 25 M.Sc. candidates. Widely published in recognized Nigerian and international publications.
- Chairman, Conferences Committee of the Nigeria Computer Society. Registered Professional Engineer with the Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
Dr Titilola Olusola Akinlade
- Project Manager for SAP projects in the West Africa region for Mobil Producing Nigeria, an ExxonMobil affiliate, the international oil and gas company
- Holds First Class Bsc degree in Computer Science from the University of Lagos, Msc degree from the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University) and PhD degree from the University of Lagos
- 34 year career spanning the public, academic and private sectors with experience in programming, system analysis, technical support. IT implementation
Umunna Onyekwelu Aniekan Arah
- CEO and Founder of Arachnida Networks Ltd and Arah You and Company, providers of consulting services and PABX, Telecommunication and Computer Networks solutions
- Holds B. Sc Computer Science degree from University of Lagos and Advanced Certificate in Water Resources Engineering Management at Universitaire per Stranieri, Perugia, Italy
- Over 29 years in consulting, designing and providing Telecommunication and Computer Networking services
Otunba Adedayo Peter Sunday Arogundade
- Executive Director of Software Solutions Development at Sidmach Technologies, Limited, Director/co-founder of WaveTek Nigeria Limited and JUSTDAY Educational Services.
- Holds BSc. Computer Sciences/Mathematics degree from the University of Lagos
- Over 30 years professional working experience in programming, system design and development, consulting and system support
Dr. Oludele Awodele
- Senior Lecturer at the Department of Computer Science as well as Head of Department (HOD) Computer Science in the School of Computing and Engineering Sciences of Babcock University.
- Holds Bsc degree in Mathematics and Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Computer Science from University of Ilorin. Holds Msc and Ph.D in Computer Science degrees from the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
- Sound academic career as lecturer. Has authored and co-authored many books and over 52 papers in learned Journals, Supervised more than 600 Undergraduate Research Projects, Post Graduate Diploma Research Projects. Supervised and supervising M.Sc and Ph.D. students.
Mrs. Aderonke Bello
- Managing Director of Innovative Technology Literacy Services Limited; an ICT in education consulting firm
- Holds Bsc and Msc first and second degrees in Computer Science from University of Lagos. Holds a masters degree in curriculum and instructional technology from Abilene Christian University, Texas, USA
- Over 25 years of experience in both IT and Education sectors. Has been Deputy National Coordinator, SchoolNet Nigeria.
- Presently Vice President, Nigerian Women in Information Technology.
Dr Eugene Juwah
- Executive Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Communication commission(NCC), the independent National Regulatory Authority for the telecommunications industry in Nigeria
- Holds PhD degree in Systems Engineering from University of Manchester, Manchester, England. Fellow of the Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers.
- Over thirty years of experience in information Technology and telecommunication industries with more than 20 years at the highest management levels.
- Chairman, Sidmach Technologies Nigeria Limited, Pioneer in pioneers of e-Registration service for national examination bodies and software solutions in the Education Sector
- Holds B.Sc Computer Science degree from University of Lagos
- Over30 years professional working experience in programming, system analysis, consulting, software development in the private and public sectors
- Deputy Managing Director of Chams Group, leading provider of Information Technology Services and Infrastructure to drive e-payment, transaction and identity management.
- Holds B.Sc degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering from Obafemi Awolowo University and an MBA degree in Information Technology from Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University
- Over twenty years experience with strong track record in project management, leading the design and implementation of systems connectivity projects to deliver innovative products
Jidaw congratulates NCS and the new fellows of 2012. May they fulfill their promise and become instruments of change in the IT industry and community. Wishing them the best.