Nigeria Computer Society Kogi State Chapter State Conference
The Nigeria Computer Society, Kogi State Chapter is inviting members of the public and calling for participation at its state Conference. Venue is: Salem University, Lokoja, Kogi State, Date: Wednesday 23rd – Thursday, 24th May, 2012. Conference theme is: “Surviving Subsidy Crises Using Information Technology Tools: The Nigeria Experience”. The Kogi State Information Technology Merit Award (KSITMA) Night will be held on 24th May, 2012.
According to the release from NCS Kogi State Chapter, “the theme was chosen to evaluate the anticipated role of information technology industry players in subsidy reinvestment empowerment programme in Nigeria”. On January 1st 2012, the Federal Government of Nigeria removed the petroleum subsidy with the intention of introducing genuine reforms in society.
In particular several palliative measures and safety investment nets were put in place to cushion the effects such as the provision of buses to improve provision of transport, as well as reforms in agriculture and other key sectors of the economy.
NCS Kogi State Chapter designed the conference to focus on how IT can be used for development and growth through the Federal Government;s subsidy re-investment programme.
Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) is the leading association of IT professionals, students, academics, stakeholders and interest groups in Nigeria.
Call for Papers:
Papers are invited from NCS members, members of other professional bodies and the general public based on the Theme and Sub-themes of the Conference.
Theme: Surviving Subsidy Crises Using Information Technology Tools: The Nigeria Experience
1. Developing ICT strategies in managing subsidy re-investment and Empowerment Programme.
2. Entrepreneurship Development Strategies in managing subsidy re-investment
3. Using IT to solve Nigeria Security Challenges in subsidy management
4. Information Technology as an Enabler of wealth and job creation in subsidy re-investment
5. Harnessing Waste Management in a deregulated economy
6. Cost and Risk reduction by leveraging the technologies of E-conferencing and Social networking
in Nigeria economy.
7. Subsidy re Subsidy re–investment strategies in Education Sector investment strategies in Education Sector
Instructions to Authors:
1. Authors are invited to submit their full papers in English on original work intended for presentation at the Conference. Paper acceptance will be based on full paper submission
2. Papers must have relevance to one or more of the sub-themes listed.
3. Initial submission must not include authors (names, addresses and e-mails) must be included in the final copy.
4. All papers must be submitted electronically as an attached Microsoft Word document (.doc).
Full papers should be mailed directly to: email@example.com with the title of the paper as the subject.
5. Where there are multiple authors, only one can enjoy the 14% discount and at least one author must pre-register to qualify for inclusion of paper in conference proceedings.
6. Paper acceptance will be reconfirmed after necessary corrections / modifications by reviewers have been fully carried out.
7. Only full papers received on schedule will be considered.
8. All submitted papers to Kogi State NCS conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for review or publication somewhere else during the period at which such papers are undergoing Kogi State NCS review.
NCS Members N3, 500.00
NACOSS (Students) N1, 000.00
Non NCS Members N5, 500.00
Full papers submission: Friday March 30, 2012
Notification of Acceptance of Papers: Monday April 20, 2012
Conference registration deadlines (for authors
whose work must appear in the proceeding): Monday April 27, 2012
Early bird registration (14% discount rate): Monday April 27, 2012
Kogi State Information Technology Merit Award Night (KSITMA)
Venue: Nostalgia Hotel, Lokongoma, Lokoja
Time: 6pm – 9pm (Thursday 24th May 2012)
For Participation, Sponsorship and Advertisement, Contact:
State Chapter Secretariat: State Chapter Secretariat: Salem University, Lokoja Kogi State Salem University, Lokoja Kogi State..