NIGERIA COMPUTER SOCIETY (NCS)
(Founded 1978 and Inaugurated 1980)
INAUGURAL ADDRESS OF THE NCS PRESIDENT
THURSDAY AUGUST 15, 2013 10.00AM
Prof David O. Adewumi Ph.D (Computer Science), FNCS
- President, CPN
- Deputy President, NCS
- NEC Members, NCS
- Vice President, CPN
- Immediate Past President, NCS
- Presidents of ISPON, ITAN, ISPAN, NiWIIT and NACOSS
- Ladies & Gentlemen
I will like to begin by thanking the out gone 17th National Executive Council(NEC) led by the immediate Past President, Sir Demola Aladekomo for the work done within the space of two years.
I am still using the same medium to congratulate my colleagues who won the last election into the current 18th National Executive Council and welcome those who are first time comers to NEC, and also welcome the experienced NEC members on board. We need their experience to work together as a team.
My mission to NCS as the President of the 18th NEC is simple and they are itemised in my manifesto as follows.
1. Membership Benefits
a. Provision of digital Newsletter to all registered members on happenings in the IT industry in Nigeria and beyond
b. Members will henceforth receive their membership certificates and other documentations through couriers’ services
2. Restructuring of NCS secretariat to meet the demand of members
a. The NCS secretariat will undergo restructuring to meet the growing needs of members.
b. Members will henceforth receive prompt attention to request/inquires.
3. Overhauling of NCS Records Management System.
4. Liaise with Federal ministries to embarking on aggressive Application of ICT tools in all government agencies.
5. Expansion of membership base of NCS by completing the establishment of NCS chapters in all states of the Federation.
6. With the support of the NCS NEC, We shall improve inter and intra Government relationships with NCS.
7. To build on the current visibility of NCS in Nigeria in particular and the world in general.
8. More productive working relationships with the international community.
9. Maintain good working relationship with other professional groups within and outside the country.
10. We would respect all relationships, agreements, traditional obligations validly entered into by NCS.
11. The MAIN FOCUS of NCS during my tenure with the support of NEC will be to continue to build a society whose focus would be a ROBUST membership base. An articulate and highly PROACTIVE NEC and well informed membership, a society which will be able to pay its bills with or without external support.
12. With the support of NEC, NCS presence in Abuja will be strengthened.
13. Regular review and improvement of our website.
With the support of the members of the 18th NEC, We will try our best and finish up all the ongoing projects started by the 17th NEC and also meet and exceed our promises to the members of Nigeria Computer Society.
Thank you for listening and God bless you all.
Prof David Adewumi FNCS
President, Nigeria Computer Society