Call for Papers: Papers are invited from NCS members, members of other professional bodies and the general public based on the Theme and Sub-themes of the Conference.
The Annual Conference 2011 focus on the micro issues that affect people directly i.e. how Information Technology (IT) could be used for People Empowerment or People Centred Development.
This will be approached not only from the policy perspective that addresses the required enabling environment (the general strand in most of our past conferences), which is largely in the purview of government and governance, but also with a good dose of practical orientation that opens up the opportunities and challenge people to take full advantage of IT, regardless of limitations of the policy environment.
Call for Papers:
Papers are invited from NCS members, members of other professional bodies and the general public based on the Theme and Sub-themes of the Conference.
Information Technology for People-Centred Development (ITePED 2011).
1. Building Streams of Wealth and Job Opportunities – IT as a Creative Enabler
2. Fast-tracking Indigenous Skills and Competencies Development – an IT Template
3. National Security Challenges – IT to the Rescue
4. A Vision of the Future – National Development within IT Context
5. Putting IT to Work: A new Approach to IT Governance for Human Development
Instructions to Authors:
- Authors are invited to submit their full papers in English on original work intended for presentation at the Conference. Paper acceptance will be based on full paper submission
- Papers must have relevance to one or more of the sub-themes listed
- Initial submission must not include the authors? names and affiliations. However, full details of authors (names, addresses and e-mails) must be included in the final camera-ready copy
- All papers must be submitted electronically as an attached Microsoft Word or RTF document (.doc or .rtf). Full papers should be mailed directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where there are multiple authors, only one can enjoy the 20% discount and at least one author must pre-register to qualify for inclusion of paper in conference proceedings
- Paper acceptance will be reconfirmed after necessary corrections / modifications by reviewers have been fully carried out
- Only full papers received on schedule will be considered
- Selected papers may be considered for publication in International Journals, including the Journal of Computer Science and Its Applications, published biannually by Nigeria Computer Society
- All submitted papers to NCS conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for review or publication somewhere else during the period at which such papers are undergoing NCS review.
10. Authors are advised to adhere strictly to the template for submissions, which would be available on the NCS website: www. ncs.org.ng
Full papers submission: Thursday March 31st, 2011
Notification of Acceptance of Papers : Friday April 22nd, 2011
Submission of camera ready manuscript: Friday May 6th, 2011
Conference registration deadlines (for authors
whose work must appear in the proceeding): Friday May 22nd ,2011
Early bird registration (20% discount rate): Friday May 22nd , 2011
(Before July 9th, 2011)
(After July 9th ,2011)
|Corporate: NCS Members (Group of 4 delegates)||N110,000:00||N125,000.00|
|Corporate: Non NCS Members (Group of 4 delegates)||N150,000:00||N170,000.00|
(with NCS Registration)
(with NCS Registration)
· There will be 20% discount on normal Conference Registration fees for authors.
Mode of Payment:
All payments should be made into any of the following NIGERIA COMPUTER SOCIETY (NCS) Bank Account.
1 United Bank for Africa Plc – 01600030003454
2 First Bank of Nigeria Plc – 3182030000088
3 Skye Bank Plc – 101-1770005168
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Afolabi Salisu FNCS
Chairman, Conferences Committee
Simplex Automation Systems Ltd, Lagos, Nigeria
?:+234 803 308 9635
| Mr. Taiwo Oyesanwo
NCS National Secretariat
Plot 10, Otunba Jobi Fele Way, Behind MKO Abiola Garden, Alausa, Ikeja – Lagos, Nigeria
?: +234 809 864 7348, 01-7744600
National Secretariat: Nigeria Computer Society (NCS)
Plot 10, Otunba Jobi Fele Way, Behind MKO Abiola Gardens, Alausa – Ikeja, Lagos State
Tel: +234 1 7744600 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +234 1 7744600 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, +234 1 8962552 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +234 1 8962552 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, +234 702 303 77
Abuja Liaison Office: AGA Memorial Complex, 16 Nkwere Crescent, Garki II, Area 11, Abuja
Tel: +234 702 840 3793 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +234 702 840 3793 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, +234 709 881 7905 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +234 709 881 7905 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, +234 803 278 2783 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +234 803 278 2783 end_of_the_skype_highlighting