“Building a Knowledge-Based Economy in Nigeria: The Role of IT” is the theme of the 2014 Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) conference, Nigeria’s largest annual gathering of high-level stakeholders in IT which brings together scholars, business persons, IT practitioners, government policymakers, and the general public. NCS had announced a Call for Papers for the 2014 Conference based on the theme.
NCS seeks participation and submissions (papers, products, innovations etc.) from academia, industry and civil society related to the theme and sub themes of the 25th National Conference.
CALL FOR PAPERS
1. Broadband Access for All: Strategies and Tactics
2. Business Process Outsourcing
3. E-governance Solutions: Improving Transparency and Public Sector Service Delivery through Technology.
4. Security Issues in a Knowledge-Based Economy
5. Training and Education for the Youths and IT Industry in Nigeria
6. Manpower Development and Income Generation
7. Harnessing innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship: Opportunities for the youths
8. Mobile Application Technology in Nigeria: A Case Study for Innovation & Transformation
9. IT Applications in the Different Sector of the Economy
10. Application of knowledge Technologies and Engineering in National Development
Tutorials: NCS invites proposals for tutorials on the following social channels: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, YouTube
Featuring: 5th Research Consortium in Information Technology
Instructions to Authors:
1. Authors are invited to submit their full papers in English on original work intended for presentation at the Conference. Paper acceptance will be based on full paper submission
2. Papers must have relevance to one or more of the sub-themes listed
3. Initial submission must not include the authors’ names and affiliations. However, full details of authors (names, addresses and e-mails) must be included in the final camera-ready copy
4. All papers must be submitted electronically as an attached Microsoft Word document (.doc). Full papers should be mailed directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the paper as the subject.
5. Where there are multiple authors, only one can enjoy the 20% discount and at least one author must pre-register to qualify for inclusion of paper in conference proceedings
6. Paper acceptance will be reconfirmed after necessary corrections / modifications by reviewers have been fully carried out
7. Only full papers received on schedule will be considered
8. Selected papers may be considered for publication in International Journals, including the Journal of Computer Science and Its Applications, published biannually by Nigeria Computer Society
9. All submitted papers to NCS conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for review or publication somewhere else during the period at which such papers are undergoing NCS review.
Full papers submission: February 21, 2014
Notification of Acceptance of Papers: April 4, 2014
Submission of camera ready manuscript: May 16, 2014
The National Secretariat:
Plot 10, Otunba Jobi Fele Way
Behind MKO Abiola Gardens, Alausa
Goke on +234(0)8033475299,
Taiwo on +234(0)8098647348,
AGA Memorial Complex
16, Nkwere Crescent
Garki 2, Area 11 Abuja
Sunday on +234(0)7033020271,