The Nigeria Computer Society NCS has announced a Call for participation and papers for its 24th National Conference holding in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria from Wednesday 25th to Friday 27th, July 2012. The Conference theme is: “Towards a Cashless Nigeria: Tools and Strategies”.
The theme “Towards a Cashless Nigeria: Tools and Strategies” was chosen to evaluate the roles and strategies the Information Technology Industry plays in the reforms and changes in the financial, economic and social sectors in Nigeria. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in its efforts to drastically reduce money laundering, terrorist financing and other economic and financial crimes in Nigeria, pegged daily cash withdrawal to N150,000.00 and N1,000,000.00 by individual and corporate respectively. The Conference is also designed for the IT Industry to re-strategize in the on-going reform and transfer from cash-based to cashless society with effect from June 1, 2012.
Call for Papers and Participation:
The Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) invites participation in the Annual NCS 2012 Conference. The conference will hone in on critical Cashless issues of security, capacity building, job creation, social implications, challenges, strategies and creative insights.
Papers are invited from NCS members, members of other professional bodies and the general public based on the Theme and Sub-themes of the Conference.
Towards Cashless Nigeria: Tools & Strategies
1. Innovative Software and Hardware tools
2. Entrepreneurship Development and Wealth Creation Strategies
3. Understanding the Policy and regulatory issues
4. Security and Law Enforcement
5. Legal Framework
6. Intellectual Property Right
7. Capacity building and Job creation
9. Call Centre Issues
10. Infrastructure Development and Enabling Environment
Instructions to Authors:
- Authors are invited to submit their full papers in English on original work intended for presentation at the Conference. Paper acceptance will be based on full paper submission
- Papers must have relevance to one or more of the sub-themes listed
- Initial submission must not include the authors’ names and affiliations. However, full details of authors (names, addresses and e-mails) must be included in the final camera-ready copy
- All papers must be submitted electronically as an attached Microsoft Word document (.doc). Full papers should be mailed directly to: email@example.com with the title of the paper as the subject.
- Where there are multiple authors, only one can enjoy the 20% discount and at least one author must pre-register to qualify for inclusion of paper in conference proceedings
- Paper acceptance will be reconfirmed after necessary corrections / modifications by reviewers have been fully carried out
- Only full papers received on schedule will be considered
- Selected papers may be considered for publication in International Journals, including the Journal of Computer Science and Its Applications, published biannually by Nigeria Computer Society
- All submitted papers to NCS conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for review or publication somewhere else during the period at which such papers are undergoing NCS review.
Full papers submission: Friday February 10, 2012
Notification of Acceptance of Papers : Friday March 9, 2012
Submission of camera ready manuscript: Friday March 23, 2012
Conference registration deadlines (for authors
whose work must appear in the proceeding): Friday March 23, 2012
Early bird registration (20% discount rate): Friday March 23, 2012
NCS looks forward to sharing insights, experiences, challenges, ideas and solutions with you.
For More Information, Contact:
National Secretariat: Nigeria Computer Society (NCS)
Plot 10, Otunba Jobi Fele Way, Behind MKO Abiola Gardens, Alausa – Ikeja, Lagos State
Tel: +234 1 7744600, +234 1 8962552 | Mobile: 234 (0)8098647348
Abuja Liaison Office: AGA Memorial Complex, 16 Nkwere Crescent, Garki II, Area 11, Abuja
Tel: +234 702 840 3793, +234 709 881 7905, +234 803 278 2783