National Conference on Health Information Technology
Under the auspices of the FEDERAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH and in collaboration with National Agency for the Control of AIDS, National Health Insurance Scheme, the conference held in Abuja, FCT, Nigeria Holds from 1st – 3rd November 2011
THEME: TOWARDS ONE HARMONIZED HEALTH DATA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
1. Review computer applications for Health Information System (HIS) in use in Nigeria and document their level of use and availability of in-country support (capacity for maintenance, revision and upgrade).
2. Discuss the inter-operability between the HIS applications in use in Nigeria
3. Discuss the Health Information Technology component of the Nigeria e-Health Strategy and the role of Public Partnership in its implementation.
• Policy makers and IT experts in Health Information Systems in Federal and State Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
• Software developers and vendors of Health Information Applications.
• Manufacturers and Providers of wired and wireless network infrastructure and equipment (including mobile networks).
Participation by invitation.
Request for invitation and further information should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org; akubuiro email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordination by: FHSD, 326 Adeyemo Akapo Street, Omole Phase 1, Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria.
The Federal Ministry of Health aims to develop and implement policies and programmes and take measures to strengthen the national health system. A strong health system is able to deliver effective, efficient, quality and affordable health services that improves the health status of Nigerians. Overall improve health for all Nigerians is a requirement for accelerated economic growth and sustainable development.