The Kogi State Chapter of the Nigeria Computer Society recently paid a visit to the Sole Administrator of Ajaokuta Steel Company, Ajaokuta Kogi State, and also elected a new executive body to run the affairs of the state chapter.
A delegation from the Kogi State Chapter of Nigeria Computer Society led by its Immediate Past Chairman Mr. Ajayi Ebenezer pay a courtesy visit to the Sole Administrator (Engr. Isah Onebere Joseph) of Ajaokuta Steel Company, Ajaokuta Kogi State on 10th September 2013.
The visit was carried out to congratulate him on his appointment as the newly appointed Sole Administrator of Ajaokuta Steal Company, and to inform him about the existence of Nigeria Computer Society in the state and the need to bridge the gap between Academia and industries in term of deployment of ICT tools in our various organizations. Mr. Ajayi Ebenezer also used the opportunity to seek for steel company’s partnership with Nigeria Computer Society, Kogi State Chapter.
In his response, Engr. Isah Onebere Joseph assured the Kogi State chapter of Nigeria Computer Society that, the organization is ready to partner with Nigeria Computer Society in areas of need and interest. He also assured the Kogi State Chapter of the Nigeria Computer Society that professional certificates will be one of the criteria for promotion in his organization. He also promised that he would ensure all his ICT staff become registered members of both state chapter and National body of Nigeria Computer Society.
NCS Kogi State Chapter delegates that went for the visit are : Mr Ajayi Ebeneezer Akinyemi (Immediate Past Chairman), Prof Sunday Adewumi, Mr Isah Dauda( past PRO), Mr Adah Williems ( Secretary), Mr. Ilugbusi Abiodun (Chairman), Mr.Oladele Olayemi John, Mr Yusuf Samaila Kafinta.
Kogi State Chapter of NCS also has a new execytive body. According to a notice from the Chapter, the tenure of the previous executive officers of Kogi State Chapter of Nigeria Computer Society came to an end and a fresh election was duly and properly conducted.
The following are the new State Chapter Executives
1. Mr. Agbogun Joshua- Chairman ( Kogi State University, Anygba)
2. Mrs. Omeiza C.O- Deputy Chairman (Federal College of Education Okene)
3. Mr. Adah Williems – Secretary ( Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja)
4. Mr. Igbinosa O Godwin- Assist Secretary (SALEM University, Lokoja)
5. Miss Owoeye Folusho- Treasurer( Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja)
6. Mr. Ikairo Brahimoh – Financial Secretary (Federal College of Education Okene)
7. Miss Anjo Ruth- Public Relation Officer( Federal, University, Lokoja)
9. Mr. Ajagbe Douglas – Assistance Public Relation Officer( Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa)
10. Mr. Ajayi Ebenezer- Ex-Officio ( Federal Polytechnic, Idah)
11. Dr. Eseyin Emmanuel-Ex-Officio ( National Open University of Nigeria, Lokoja)
The handing/taking-over ceremony date will be communicated to the National Executive Council and National Secretariat soon.
The Immediate Past Chairman, Kogi State Chapter of Nigeria Computer Society, Mr. Ajayi Ebenezer Akinyemi used the opportunity to thank the National Executive Council of Nigeria Computer Society for the opportunity given to him and his executive to serve during his tenure.