Information Technology Association of Nigeria (ITAN) has invited its members and other individuals/organizations to have establish their presence in the Nigerian Pavilion at GITEX Technology Week holding from October 20 to 24, 2013 at the Dubai World Trade Center.
According to the release from ITAN, the trade opportunity for the the 27th edition of GITEX is being organized with the support of the Nigerian Government through the Ministry of Communications Technology. “The Nigerian Pavilion is fostered on the Nigerian Government’s commitments to grow local ICT companies and expose them to international opportunities. The Pavilion, first of its type will be showcasing best of the Nigerian ICT sector under the theme: ‘Nigeria – Ready for Business.’“
Corporate bodies interested creating opportunities through technology in the Middle East and South East Asia are enjoined to enlist to join others at Gitex 2013. According to ITAN, the plan is “to make one of the biggest international statements Nigeria is committing to share with the global market on the potential of its local ICT sector”.
GITEX Technology is the premier Technology event in the Middle East and South East Asia (MEASA), which now occupies over 78,000 sqm of space, and saw Infocomm and ITU (International Telecommunication Union) collocate with us in 2012. Here are some stats to put things into perspective for Nigerian companies:
• Over 25,000 visitors came from Africa last year
• Over 20,000 C-Level visitors at the event last year
• $1,2million was the average value per order placed during the event
• 139,530 trade visitors from 144 countries
• 1,500 delegates attending the six industry-focused summits, workshops, conferences and panel debates
• 92% of the exhibitors met their ROI expectations
How does your company stand to benefit?
Two key opportunities Nigerian companies should be taking advantage of is the ConneXions match making portal:
-Over 13,000 appointments were made using this tool that allows exhibitors to connect with pre-registered visitors and fellow exhibitors before the event.
-CEO Majlis lounge program: Over 15,000 CEOs, CIOs, CSOs, CTOs congregate in a lounge throughout the 5 days to meet with their customers; potential partners and new markets
Core Features of the Nigerian Pavilion @ Gitex 2013
As part of the features of The Nigerian Pavilion, Top Level Nigerian Government officials and Policy Makers will be making key statements at the 5-Day Event. Also:
-Nigerian ICT Companies will be catalogued as part of over 13,000 companies to more than 145, 000 trade visitors from over 144 countries.
-CEOs of Nigerian companies will be able to fully explore the Majlis lounge program for the first time to explore vital business synergies that will expand their portfolio of opportunities
– Participating Nigerian companies will further be able to fully explore and strengthen policy and private business interaction under a more engaging business atmosphere.
Key Cost features of the Nigerian Pavilion for exhibitors
1. The Nigerian Pavilion features minimum exhibition space of 3.6sq metres for N585, 000. This includes insurance payment. Companies may take more space as they deem fit; two, three or more slots.
2. There are already arrangements to provide bulk Flights, Visa and Hotel Bookings and for exhibitors and Trade visitors registered through ITAN
3. Flights and Visa is in the range of N220, 000 (Flight is economy)
4. Hotel Bookings (3 Star) for five (5) nights is in the range of N35, 000 (depending on choice of hotel from available options) per night. Hotel Payment covers Breakfast and cost of daily transport to Gitex event centre.
5. Total cost for Exhibitors is N900,000.(Nine hundred Thousand Naira only)
6. Total cost for trade visitors is N300,000. (Three hundred Thousand Naira only)
Mode of Payment
Please make all payments: Draft, Cheque or ePayment c/o Information Technology Association of Nigeria.
GT Bank. Account Number: 0114293645.
For further information Please call:
Folake Adebiyi. Business Manager, ITAN on 07059568254
Plot 1087, Kolda Link Street, off Ademola Adetokunbo Crescent, by NITEL Junction, Wuse 2, Abuja, Nigeria.
7, Olufunmilola Okikiolu st, Off Toyin st, Ikeja, Lagos