The Information Technology Personality of the Year Award is the highly prestigious award presented annually by the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) to the most outstanding IT contributor in Nigeria.
Nominees that have been the most outstanding in Nigeria through IT and IT enabled activities within the year. A candidate is required to meet these criteria:
- Currently active Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director or Leadership role in an academic, private or public sector organization
- Achievement of outstanding impact through IT and IT enabled activities
- Significant contribution to the growth of Information Technology in Nigeria
- Advancement or application of Information Technology for considerable value in society
- Local and International Recognition of IT and IT enabled activities
- Exceptional national impact in boosting IT penetration, fostering innovation and driving change through IT
- Demonstration of excellence in the innovative use and promotion of IT to deliver growth and improvements in critical sectors in Nigeria
Voting Organization and Process
- Information on the nominees is available on the NCS website
- Access to the voting platform is provided online during the voting period through the NCS website
- The voting process is designed to ensure that votes of NCS members determine the award result.
- All NCS members are eligible to select their Best nominee.
- Each NCS member can vote only once
- Voting monitoring and auditing is carried out by a global management consulting and technology Services Company acknowledged for its world class auditing services.
National Information Technology Merit Award (NITMA)
In facilitating the transformation of Nigeria into a knowledge economy, the intention of the Nigeria Computer Society is to recognize and honour some outstanding entities whose impact and activities fall within the vision and values of NCS. Their activities are regarded of immense benefit to the NCS, the IT community, accelerated IT development in the country, and the nation in general.