The Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) has announced a Call for Papers its 26th National Conference themed: “Information Technology for National Safety and Security”.
NCS is the umbrella organization of all Information Technology Professionals, Interest Groups and Stakeholders in Nigeria.
The event will hold in Abuja, FCT, Nigeria from Tuesday, July 19 – Thursday July 21, 2016.
Security is one of the most critical issues in Nigeria. In the 21st century, nations invest in Information Technology as the key enabler for National Security. The 26th National Conference will provide a multistakeholder forum to examine pertinent considerations in achieving IT enabled Security to advance and achieve Sustainable Development. Engagement opportunities will be explored during the Conference to present and develop effective strategies, creative approaches and practical solutions. The Conference intends to bring together academics, innovators, researchers, entrepreneurs, IT practitioners, policy makers in government and business people
Information Technology for National Safety and Security
1. National Database – Integral to National Security
2. Information Technology and the National Security Strategy
3. Universal Broadband Access – the Security Imperative
4. Information Technology as an Indispensable Security Tool – Terrorism in Focus
5. Smart Governance and Anti-Corruption through Information Technology
6. National Security Dimension of Youth Innovation and Software Development
7. Cybercrime, Cyberwarfare and CyberSecurity
8. Digital Human Capital Requirements in the 21st Century
9. Social, Mobile, Analytics (Big Data) and Cloud Computing (SMAC)
Call for Papers:
Authors are invited to submit their full papers in English on original work for publication and presentation at the NCS 26th National Conference.
All submitted papers will be peer reviewed by highly qualified panel of reviewers. The authors are requested to submit full paper of their original and unpublished work not later than Friday, February 26, 2016.
Instructions to Authors:
- Authors are invited to submit their full papers in English on original work intended for presentation at the Conference. Paper acceptance will be based on full paper submission
- Papers must have relevance to one or more of the sub-themes listed
- Initial submission must not include the authors’ names and affiliations. However, full details of authors (names, addresses and e-mails) must be included in the final camera-ready copy
- All papers must be submitted electronically as an attached Microsoft Word document (.doc). Full papers should be mailed directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the paper as the subject.
- Where there are multiple authors, only one can enjoy the 20% discount and at least one author must pre-register to qualify for inclusion of paper in conference proceedings
- Paper acceptance will be reconfirmed after necessary corrections / modifications by reviewers have been fully carried out
- Only full papers received on schedule will be considered
- Selected papers may be considered for publication in International Journals, including the Journal of Computer Science and Its Applications, published biannually by Nigeria Computer Society
All submitted papers to NCS conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for review or publication somewhere else during the period at which such papers are undergoing NCS review.
Submission of Full Paper – Friday, February 26, 2016
Notification of acceptance – Friday, April 29, 2016
Submission of final version – Friday, May 27, 2016
The National Secretariat: Plot 10, Otunba Jobi Fele Way, Behind MKO Abiola Gardens, Alausa, Ikeja – Lagos.
Tel: +234(0)17744600 | E-mail: email@example.com
Taiwo on +234(0)8098647348| firstname.lastname@example.org or
Goke on +234(0)8033475299| email@example.com
Abuja Office: AGA Memorial Complex, 16, Nkwere Crescent, Garki 2, Area 11 Abuja.
Sunday on +234(0)7033020271 | firstname.lastname@example.org