Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) Kogi State Chapter has announced that its 3rd State conference and Annual general Meeting will hold in Salem University, Lokoja, Nigeria between Thursday 27th and Friday 28th, June 2013. The theme is Towards Developing ICT Standards for National Transformation Agenda.
According to the release the theme was “chosen to evaluate the anticipated role of information technology industry players in developing ICT standards for National transformation agenda. The Conference is therefore designed for the IT Industry players and stakeholders to develop ICT standards that can bring about National transformation in every sector”.
Call for Papers
The NCS Kogi state chapter is calling for papers from NCS members, members of other professional bodies and the general public based on the Theme and Sub-themes of the Conference.
i. Transforming the Art of Governance through e-Government
ii. Promoting Social Security through Information Technology
iii. ICT as tool for tracking Cyber crime
iv. Promoting Educational System through Information Technology
v. Promoting Environmental Management System through Information Technology
Instructions to Authors:
1. Authors are invited to submit their Abstract in English on original work intended for presentation at the conference
2. Papers must have relevance to one or more of the sub-themes listed.
3. All papers must be
submitted electronically as an attached Microsoft Word document (.doc).
4. Full papers should be mailed directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the title of the paper as
5. Only abstract received on schedule will be considered.
6. All submitted papers to Kogi State NCS conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for review or
publication somewhere else during the period at which such papers are undergoing Kogi State NCS review.
7. #1,200.00 should be paid into NCS Kogi State Chapter Account for reviewing the abstract.
NCS Members #7, 000.00
NACOSS (Students) #1, 000.00
Non NCS Members #10,000.00
Mode of Registration
Pay directly into Nigeria Computer Society Kogi State Chapter’s Bank Account
Account Name: Nig. Computer Society-Kogi State Chapter
Account Number: 2056926853
Banker: UBA Plc.
Abstract submission: Friday March 30, 2012
For Participation, Sponsorship and Advertisement, Contact:
State Chapter Secretariat: Salem University, Lokoja Kogi State.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.ncskogi.org.ng
email@example.com , +234(0)8101863578
HAVE YOUR SAY: Will you be attending the NCS Kogi State Chapter conference? How can ICT standards help in achieving the National Transformation Agenda. Please share your comments, thoughts and opinions.
Innovation and Development Advisor, ICT at Jidaw
ICT Development Advisory Support and Consulting